2-days deal: Luxembourg Gastronomy, Minett Parc & Bascharage
Packaged deal of 2 days for a tour around the Minett Parc, discover of one of the most important mining areas of the country. For gastronomy and beer enthusiasts, the brewery will be part of the program, and finally, a visit to the famous cheese dairy of Luxembourg.
- 1 night incl. breakfast (breakfast buffet) at the INNSiDE by Meliá
- Guided tour of the Minett Parc Fond-de-Gras (Duration: about 1,5 hours, Language: English, max. 25 guests per guide)
- Dinner at a restaurant in Lasauvage (2-course menu, without drinks)
- Tour with the mine railway “Minièresbunn” incl. visit of the mine
- Guided visit and beer tasting at a brewery in Bascharage (Duration: about 2 hours, language: German, max. 25 guests per guide)
- Guided visit of a salting house in Bascharage (Duration: about 30 min., language: German, max. 25 guests per guide)
- Dinner at a restaurant in Bascharage (3-course-menu, without drinks)
- Guided visit of the dairy “Fromagerie de Luxembourg” (Duration: about 1,5 hours, language: German, max. 25 guests per guide)
- Escape Game (treasure hunt) with a smartphone in Luxembourg City (Duration: about 2,5 hours, language: German, max. 33 guests per team)
- Lunch at a restaurant in Luxembourg City (3-course-menu, without drinks)
- Check-in from 15:00 / Check-out until 12:00
- The bus can stop at the hotel for dropping off and picking up the clients
- For your information: The local public transport can be used for free
- booking confirmation
- ID card or passport
Where you'll stay
INNSIDE by Mélia
INNSIDE by Mélia
Travel Days Overview
Aperçu des jours de voyage
1st day: Arrival / Minett Parc / Bascharage
Arrival at Luxembourg (trip to Luxembourg not included in the price). Check-in at your hotel.
You drive to the Minett Parc in the south of Luxembourg. It used to be one of the most important mining centers in Luxembourg. The extraction of iron ore however ended in 1955. During the visit you’ll learn more about the life of the miners and working in a mine.
Lunch: in a former café for mineworkers, a restaurant in rustic-style that serves traditional and hearty cuisine.
Afterwards: the “Minièresbunn”, an old narrow-gauge mine railway that was used for the transport of the “buggys” that were laden with iron ore, brings you deep into the tunnel where a walking tour awaits you (only bookable on Sundays and public holidays).
Late afternoon: you drive to Bascharage where you visit a brewery. Guided tour of the brewery (Duration: 1 hour) and beer tasting (Duration: 1 hour). Afterwards you continue to a salting house that produces meat and sausage products. After a short-guided tour of the salting house you will have dinner in the restaurant belonging to the salt house that serves regional cuisine and many Luxembourgish gastronomic specialities. Enjoy the in-house beer while you sit next to the brewing vats that are part of the restaurant. Thereafter you return to the hotel.
Day 2: Cheese dairy / Luxembourg CityCheck-out at the hotel
Morning: guided visit of the dairy “Fromagerie de Luxembourg”. The cheese dairy was founded in 1981. In the beginning 300 litres milk were processed to mozzarella per day, today 16.000 - 18.000 litres are needed per day. The product range was also extended in the course of time. Today the “Fromagerie de Luxembourg” offers various Italian and Portuguese cream cheeses (mozzarella, ricotta, scarmorze, burrata and bola de neige) that are only produced from raw milk from Luxembourgish farms. You can try the products during the visit.
In Luxembourg City: a smartphone treasure hunt. Unlike a classic guided city tour that focusses on information regarding culture and history, you will dive into an intriguing story about a treasure hidden a long time ago. At various locations in the city, you will crack encrypted codes, solve tricky logic tasks, and search for traces and evidence. Your smartphone is your most crucial investigative tool.
Lunch: a traditional Luxembourgish restaurant.