5-days deal: Hiking in Luxembourg
Go on a 5-days hiking trip in Luxembourg and enjoy the 5-day program tailored-made just for you.
We have prepared several fun activities which will provide you the best of our small but surely amazing country.
Put on a pair of your most comfortable shoes and have fun!
- 4 nights incl. half board (breakfast buffet, evening 3-course menu without drinks) at the Parc Hotel Alvisse
- Guided hike in Luxemburg-City (Duration: about 5 hours, approx. 8 km, easy level but partial uneven terrain, steps, and differences in height, max. 25 guests per guide)
- Guided hike at the Moselle
- 3rd stage approx. 9 km, about 3 hours, moderate level
- 4th stage approx. 5 km, about 2,5 hours, moderate level incl. a glass of wine, crémant or grape juice; max. 25 guests per guide
- Guided hike in the Mullerthal (Duration: about 6 hours, approx. 12 km, difficult level); Good physical condition and stable shoes required. Mainly paths good to walk on. max. 25 guests per guide
- Guided hike in the Minett region (Duration: about 5-6 hours, approx. 10 km, moderate level, max. 25 guests per guide)
- Guided hike in the region Éislek (Duration: about 4 hours, approx. 9 km, moderate level, max. 25 guests per guide)
- Check-in from 15:00 / Check-out until 12:00
- Bus parking in front of the hotel
- For your information: The local public transport can be used for free
- booking confirmation
- ID card/passport
Where you'll stay
Parc Hotel Alvisse****
Parc Hotel Alvisse****
Travel Days Overview
Aperçu des jours de voyage
TRAVEL DAYS OVERVIEW
- 1st day: Arrival in Luxembourg
Arrival at Luxembourg (trip to Luxembourg not included in the price). Check-in at your hotel.
Luxembourg-City is a cultural centre: You can find museums, theatres, and event locations everywhere in the city that attract visitors as well as artists of every style.
Program of the day: meeting with the local guide in Luxembourg-City to start with the discovery of the UNESCO world heritage and the contemporary architecture before you set out in the footsteps of Wenzel. Wenzel II was Duke of Luxembourg between 1383 and 1419. During the tour, you discover the oldest districts of the capital as well as the fortifications that were added to the list of world heritages by the UNESCO in 1994. Among others the tour leads you to the Bock rock (cradle of the city of Luxembourg), to the castle bridge built in 1735 and to the panorama path Corniche, the “most beautiful balcony of Europe”.
- 2nd day: Wine country- Moselle
Breakfast: at the hotel.
Program of the day: discover of the Moselle and more information about the development of Moselle valley as the only wine region in Luxembourg. You start with your local guide along the shell limestone rocks through the steep vineyards of the “Palmberg” with magnificent views on the Moselle valley. When hiking through the nature reserve “Pellëmbierg” especially the rich green box tree population and wild orchid meadows delight eyes and nose. The way back across the valley of the “Donverbach” with its waterfalls and the “Schluchtwald” cater for a relaxed ending of your first stage.
During the second stage, you will learn more about the wine region. It has been a long way from the living geology to the history of wine growing to the wine itself. Enjoy the wines where they grow with a superb view on the Moselle valley. Finally, you will have the possibility to taste a good wine or crémant of the region, or alternatively also a refreshing grape juice!
- 3rd day: Mullerthal - Luxembourg's "Little Switzerland"
Breakfast: at the hotel.
Program of the day: visit of the Mullerthal, a unique biotope interspersed with rocks. Your guide awaits you in Echternach and you hike through the impressive rock formations “Wollefsschlucht”, “Labyrinth” and “Malakofftuerm”. The “Wollefsschlucht” is one of the most spectacular natural landmarks of “Luxembourg’s little Switzerland”. The structure and the layering of the Luxembourgish sandstone can easily be seen on the rock walls that tower up to 50 meters. The tremendous canyon was formed when blocks of Luxembourgish sandstone detached from the sandstone plateau along gaps parallel to the valley.
End of the circular hike in Echternach. Enjoy some time here to discover the abbey town Echternach, the oldest city of the country.
- 4th day: Minett - in the land of the "Red Rocks"
The Land of the Red Rocks, also called “Minett”, lies in the South of Luxembourg. The region owes its name to the bright red iron ore that gives the soil its colour and that made the success of the steel industry in the country possible. To hike in a disused open-cast mining is something special and you will not cease to be amazed. Lasauvage may seem unremarkable but if you have a closer look, the village and the surroundings are loaded with history. From bats in the galleries to various species of woodpeckers in meadows and pioneer forests, there’s something here for everyone. After the cessation of ore mining in Giele Botter the nature could again develop. During the hike in the area, you discover the unique protected area and the planning of the preventive measures that have been necessary to ensure the preservation. Afterwards spend your time visiting Esch-sur-Alzette.
- 5th day: Eislek - the north of Luxembourg / Departure
Breakfast: at the hotel and check-out.
You can store your luggage at the hotel until departure.
Program of the day: the north of Luxembourg is on the agenda. Here the region Éislek impresses by lush forests, green hills, deep valleys, and windy plateaus. Your local guide will gladly give you an understanding of the cultural and natural treasures of the region.
Hotel example: Parc Hotel Alvisse****
- set in a quiet, green surrondings on the edge of Luxembourg
- only 5 minutes drive from the city centre and airport
- swimming pools, free sauna, spa & wellness centre
- free parking
- free WiFi
- F&B facilities: breakfast buffet, restaurant La Veranda with a terrace, bar & lounge
- Kirchberg district and Luxexpo are easily accessible by car within 10 minutes
- bus stop nearby with frequent connections into the city centre